Sunday, August 27, 2006

An abortion perspective from Marie Claire Magazine

The August 2006 UK verson of Marie CLaire magazine has an article entitled "I had an abortion". They are an unapologetically pro-choice magazine that has involved themselves in pro-choice political activism so one wouldn't expect a diversity of views represented. It would be unapologetically pro-life.

"I had an abortion" is an article that tells the story of 12 women who have had an abortion.

Even with that said the comments of some of the mothers who chose abortion were insightful.

Michelle Ashworth: “As the months went on after the abortion, I couldn’t stop myself from working out how many months pregnant I would have been and even thinking about baby names. I felt horribly empty inside....the termination is still on my mind...I can't even begin to describe how much I regret my decision. It was the worst mistake I ever made.

Elaine Jowsey: “My decision to take that future from that child will be a personal life sentence for me.”

Nadine Can: “I still think about it and I always feel pretty miserable around the anniversary of the termination.”

Linda Eaglesfield: “I turned to alcohol to blot out the sense of bereavement and guilt and, for the next two years, I drank heavily.”

Sarah Fry: “I blame my abortion for my two miscarriages... My termination was a quick fix – I only wish I’d considered how I would feel when it came to not being able to have the babies I do want.”

Carly Bridges: "Nothing can prepare you for how gruesome a medical abortion is and the volume of blood you lose. I was overwhelmed with guilt afterwards"

Thank you to the lady in the pew for blogging this important article.
http://pewlady.blogspot.com/2006/07/marie-claire-pro-abortion-magazine.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home