Sunday, December 02, 2007

Motherhood Meme

1. How many children call you Mommy/Mom/Mama?:
All three do.

2. Girl? Boy? or both?

Three boys have been born so far.


3. Did you know what you were having?:
Yes we did. I had complications so had more ultrasounds than average so towards the end it gets pretty obvious!

4. How old were you when you became a Mom?
I was young.

5. How long were you in labor?
I've blocked that out!


6. What was your least favorite thing about labor?
Having people be abrupt and unsympathetic

7. Do you want more kids?:
Yeah, I've always wanted a large family.

8. Do you plan on having more soon?:
After our next baby we are considering taking a break.

9. Does daddy change diapers?
yes but more at the beginning then when they get older.

10. How many times have you been peed on?

Too many times to count!


11. Barfed on?:
Too many times. Yes.

12. Is your child named after anyone?
Two of them are.

13. How did you come up with their name(s)?
Different answer for each chid and it's personal.

14. When your child(ren) gets in trouble, who is the bad guy?
Believe it or not, me! I am the tough one!

15. And who is the good guy?
We're both the good guy.

16. What is the longest you have been away from your child(ren)?
Overnight.

17. Kids bedtime routine?
Different routine for each child. With the older two they get a story and a massage before they go to bed. They were fussy boys as babies so infant massage kept me sane and they've just grown into it as a routine. They have problems falling asleep without a message. I also either sing to them or read to them - or my husband does - and the kids get to pick that. With our littlest one he's held until he falls asleep and we talk to him or sing to him.

18. Are your toes painted?
Always!

19. Last movie you saw in the theater?
I don't remember.

20. Last time you had a date?
We have not had a date since my husband had an accident several weeks back but we have been pretty faithful at finding time to ourselves even if not an official date. We wake up early and have breakfast together on the deck before anyone is up.

21. One thing you will not give up just because you are a mom?
I would give up anything for them if it was necessary but I like to find time to myself which is pretty easy for me despite having a few kids because of the amount of help and support I have.

22. One thing you did give up now that you’re a mom?

You automatically give up a sense of catering to yourself instinctively and it doesn't seem a sacrifice it's just an automatic thing.

I think I also gave up ease in decision-making. Everything seems so much more complicated in terms of making a decision. I find myself more reflective, more philosophical, and much more willing to re-evaluate things now that I am responsible for other people.

23. Best Mom you know?
My own mother is a great mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home